Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

plug valve looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

amper

Electrical
Oct 3, 2008
GB
have any body idea wher to find suprplus or used plug valve 10 inch plug made on stainless steel

for used on gaas applications

regards ampers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I observe that you have got no answer during the four days since you posted your inquiry.

The reason could be that my first thought seeing your question is correct: that this valve is perhaps very difficult to find.

Several reasons: you give no details (gastype, temperature, pressure, valve flanges/ends certificates, SS type etc.

Most likely is however that this valvetype is costly and have very long stand- and lifetime, more likely to be repaired than surplussed.

Depending on your real problem (price? deliverytime?) you could either have the valve fabricated by a supplier specialized on fast delivery (non-cast, sheet material and barstock), buy from a normal production series, ask directly at a known large users spare-stock, or: use a BFL special valve, with fabricated extra ends as a permanent or preliminary replacement.

Good luck!

Try desalination plants as their valves are generally in super duplex stainless teel. If you are in a hurry one of them may have a spare.

You could try MTS in SPain as they provide fast deliveries.

If you want one secondhand because of the cost suggest you go to Ebay.

"Sharing knowledge is the way to immortality"
His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Has this been resolved? Can you provide some more details?
I may still have some 10" 150# CF8M Unichem V1F plug valves; flanged raised face, low-profile w/ gear operator.

chef26 we are looking for valve api 6d plug on steel 316 or other to cope with sour gas nace 1075 ? this one below plug is not in stainless we want to change

see other details in spanish but very easy to follow

VÁLVULA DE TAPÓN LUBRICADA BALANCEADA, API-6D, TIPO VENTURI, DIÁMETRO DE
10” CLASE 300, OPERADA POR REDUCTOR DE ENGRANAJE Y VOLANTE, CUERPO DE
ACERO AL CARBONO DE ACUERDO A LA NORMA ASTM A-216 GRADO WCB, TAPÓN DE
ACERO AL CARBONO AISI 4140. EXTREMOS BRIDADOS RF (Rase Face / Cara Levantada)
DE ACUERDO A LA NORMA ANSI B 16.5. FABRICADA DE ACUERDO A LA NORMA ANSI B

I was unable to locate a used/surplus valve of this style.
I do have a contact with a new valve in stock. I can point you toward him if you are interested. The specs given for his valve are below.

10" 300 Pressure Balance Lubricated Plug Valve, RF, Gear Operated
"A216 WCC Body, 410SS Trim, Firesafe, NACE MR 01-75, API 6D Design and Test"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back