Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PM for Components of Hydraulic System

Status
Not open for further replies.

luizventura

Mechanical
Jan 24, 2003
US
We are working now on developing maintenance strategy for a power hydraulic system. This system has many components such flow valves, direction valves, presure valves, vane pumps, axial piston pumps, etc. This is a big system with 6" pipe and a total oil volume of 14000 l.
Do you have any recomendation for preventive maintenance of these hydraulic componentes ?
For the entire system we have an oil analysis program and vibration analysis for pumps and motors.
Thanks and best regards
[bigears]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ack! I got cut off!

If you are running clean water-free oil, your PM program becomes nearly a run to fail mechanically. If you want to PM actuators etx, then I don't know. I test bypasses and reliefs annually.

Oil analysis will typically divulge your systems health. Be carefull of the interpretations however. I would purchase a handheld infrared temp detector and do comparative measurements of all your indicating points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back