Not open for further replies.

mmiscool

Electrical
Sep 14, 2012
US
thread561-341497
Hello,
I asked this question a while back.
I am still looking for a PMI equivalent of the feature parameter command.

Any word?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First off, what version of NX are you running?

There is no exact equivalent. However, you can already set any Sketch dimension to be a PMI object as well as, starting with NX 9.0, you can create Hole Callouts in both Drafting and PMI. So between the two of those capabilities, it pretty well allows you to create PMI objects similar to what you could do with the 'Feature Parameter' command in Drafting.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I am currently on NX 9. We will probably be moving to NX 10 about 6 months after it comes out.

At my company we are detailing our parts exclusively in PMI. That means we have no drafting sheets or any thing at all besides the PMI.

To be clear I am looking for a way to put a call out for a threaded counter sunk hole. All of the data is entered in the hole command at the creation of the hole and can be changed a any time by modifying the hole feature.

To me this would mean that I should be able to put a hole call out that gives me all of the information about that particular hole and even if I changed it from a counter sunk hole to a counter board one it should update the call out.

Have you actually tried using the new Hole Callout function that was implemented in NX 9.0? It's an option of the 'Radial' dimension function available either as a PMI object or notation on a Drawing.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks for the response. It had been a while since I used the radial dimension command. Most of the time I use rapid dimension that works for 99% of the PMI I have to make.

I have tested it out and it seems to work for the counterbores and countersinks. Looks good.

Threaded holes however are not working out so nice. Normally we call out UNC or UNF but this dose not seem to be a property I can enable in the list of parameters. It puts every thing else in there. Just not the thread series or standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back