Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pneumatic Proportional Rotary Actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLCKing

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2007
CA
Hi, Not sure if this is the right forum for pneumatics, but it was the closest I could find on this site.

I'm trying to source out a Proportional Rotary actuator, but all I can find for rotary actuators is fully closed or fully open actuation and nothing in between.

There are some like the Honeywell Modultrol, put the problem is I need a faster open and close time (around 5 seconds of 90 º actuation time), all these ones have a 20 - 30 second actuation time. For this reason, I think a pneumatic proportional actuator, one that would have a i/p pressure controller setting the pressure to it and therefore comanding it to open partialy. I can't find anything, if anyone has any products that they used in the past that might fit this application, please let me know.

PK.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It will be nice if you can give the torque values and sizes that the actuator needs to provide. Without those values this discussion is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back