Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pneumatic system basic calculations 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuman_1232

Aerospace
Oct 7, 2017
IL
Hello everyone,
In my next project I need to design pneumatic supply system for a pneumatic device.
It is my first time that I design something like this.
Basically what I need is a guideline to perform first sizing (tube diameters, pressure falls, mass and volume flow rates).
I tried to recall my university thermodynamics course but it doesn't seems like something useful in this case.
The pneumatic supply system has:
[ul]
[li]compressor[/li]
[li]two pressure lines with 200 [bar] and 30[bar][/li]
[li]air tanks[/li]
[li]pressure reduction valve[/li]
[li]tubes (up to 30 meters length)[/li]
[li]2/2 valves[/li]
[/ul]

I will be very appreciate, if someone can say which handbook or standard I can use for this purpose.
Thank you in advance)))

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Getting the right amount of air at the right pressure is only part of this problem.
How clean and dry does the air need to be? Often clean dry air will pay for itself in reduced future maintenance.
What is the 'normal' way that these people install air lines?
Some people still use threaded iron pipe. They live with the internal rust/debris and the leaks that are not preventable with threads.
On the other hand it has become common to use stainless steel (thin wall pipe) with a crimp system (Victaulic PressFit or Viega MegaPress) for clean systems.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back