Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

POINT IO with a CompactLogix (RSLogix5000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrcooper

Electrical
Aug 31, 2011
US
I'm using for the first time POINTio consisting of an ethernet module 1734-AENT and a 1734-OA2 and two 1734-IN4.
Within RLSlogix5000, I've added the 1734-AENT under the IO config and ethernet. But I do not seem to either find where the actual IO modules are added, or even addressed. (BTW this is my first time using RSlogix5000 as well with a compactlogix PLC). Any links to examples or pointers?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Making VERY slow progress on this problem, and Rockwell tech support is unresponsive to my questions as well. This is why I try to stay away from AB, software is archaic and support is non-existent.

So I have two modules physically connected to the AENT module, and Ethernet tied to the PC and using the web browser I can get access to it. When I scan for attached modules, it cant find them at 0 and 1, but now I see they are sitting at 62 and 63? Seriously? I see NOTHING about setting slot addresses for these units. RSlogix500 only allows me to set a chassis size of 4, so no wonder it cant see these modules out there.

Any ideas on how to set these modules addresses?

Status LEDs on the AENT has the point bus flashing red, and the two modules network status flashing green.

OK, problem resolved. But only by dumb luck I think. The overall design required a output module and 2 input modules so a total chassis size of 4. There are two places to set this, one in the web interface (that for some reason was already set to 4) and in RSlogix5000. If these do not match, your done. I hadn't had access to the second input module at the time but once I put it into the chassis....all the errors went away. I still do not know where in the web interface that you change the chassis size, but in this case...it was already set to 4.

Now onto the next issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back