Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pointsplineloft file - where to find it? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadego

Automotive
Aug 24, 2004
AU
Hi Group
I have a spread sheet with point coordinates that I wish to place in a sketch.
The way I understand it is I have to paste my points into a file called pointsplineloft which is available in online DOC.
I have no idea how to access online DOC.
Can anyone help?
Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can always start by pressing your F1 key.

But if that doesn't work, go to Tools -> Options -> Help. There is a section called "Technical documentation", and a box under it called "Location". The "location" is the path (on your computer or network) to the help docs.

Search whatever folder that it's in for the excel spreadsheet.

---
Professional and reliable CAD design engineering services - Specializing in Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

Hi Solid7
I browsed to file location using the method you described.
However the file is not there.
Maybe someone could post it or mail it to me at david.holden@tenix.com
Dave

If you have help files, it should be there. That is, unless they loaded the .pdf version. If that's the case, it may not be there.

---
Professional and reliable CAD design engineering services - Specializing in Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

We have the html help files but its not there.
Can you send me the file so I dont have to go and try to explain what I want to the IT guy.
Our b14doc folder is on the network so I cant ask one of the other guys here.
Thanks
Dave

If you edit the point file to reflect only the necsary fields.
Ie: XYZ and save as a .txt file you can import them as a point cloud in the Digitized shape editor. I've used this method in conjuntion with a CMM generated point file. There are some finer points to this but... Give it a whirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back