Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

polyamide Nylon 6 injection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanibaltaki

Industrial
Dec 30, 2015
DZ
hi

I own plastic injection machine and I am now making some automotive cable parts
I used POM material and everything was good now when changed the material to PA6 AND PA 66 i faced some problems
See the picture in the attached file .
the part formed containing bubbles I want a solution to this problem .
2015-12-30_09.46_rihgtg.jpg

PA 6 injection profile i used
pa_uhwpkk.jpg

PA1_mj1yrd.jpg

POM injection profile i used
pom_wnxrhv.jpg
pom1_g20gee.jpg

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pud is right as usual and much better at processing problems than me. You need to dry the PA 6 very well before molding it. Do not leave bags open after drying as they will instantly take up moisture from the air. Or, if POM worked well, why not switch back?

Dr. Chris DeArmitt
President

Expert plastic materials help

thank you PUD & Demon 3 . I did dry the PA6 before processing for 4 hours 70 c° and Bubbles began to disappear i have no drying instruction in the processing guide may i ask what to do to get a pure partes with good color and finishing process
can i elevate the drying température or add more time for drying process .
thank you so much

PA6 needs drying for AT LEAST 4hrs @ 80°C. Start the time from when the bulk is actually up to temperature.
If still foaming, continue drying. I would suggest you dry for at least 8hrs until you know your dryer performance - if it's just a hot air dryer, I would strongly recommend you invest in either a dessicant or vacuum dryer. You'll soon repay your investment cost.

In a vacuum dryer, temp can be increased to 100°C - needs a vacuum to prevent surface oxidation.

NOTE: Even without showing foaming, moisture content can be too excessive causing brittle mouldings which look fine.

H

www.tynevalleyplastics.co.uk

It's ok to soar like an eagle, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

thank you so much Mr.PUD
this is what i found i must be dried the PA6 8 HRS in température between 75° 80° to avoid oxidation next week i will try this method and i will return with a good results
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back