Polymer threads. PolyCreator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madaraman

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2018
RU
Help tips)
I thought of such a project: to make a small device that creates polymer threads. (I wanted to name PolyMaker, but this name is already taken)
Maybe someone will say that such a device is useless, but I do it just for experimentation and entertainment.
So, what is the point:
There are two versions of this device, which are based on different principles of action.
Option 1 - based on evaporation. By dissolving acetyl cellulose in acetone, a viscous liquid is obtained which is placed in a vessel and compressed air is then injected. When activated, under pressure of compressed air, the liquid passes through the spinnerets and then passes through the nichrome winding (its length and temperature will be determined later in the experiments). Under heat, acetone evaporates and the output will produce acetate fiber. It can also be made with other fibers, which are obtained by the evaporation method.
Option 2 - based on the combination of the two components.
The same solution can be converted into fiber by adding water.
So, in the second version you need two vessels: one in water, the other in solution (both under pressure). After opening the valves, the components are mixed and the fiber is output.
You probably will find mistakes in my experiment (so I wrote it all). Can you tell me how to simplify or reduce this device? Which option will be easier to implement? (I prefer the first one) In which version will the thread get stronger? From the evaporation of acetone, when it passes through nichrome there will be no harm? In general, I'm ready to get acquainted with all the comments and suggestions. Only strongly do not scold for mistakes))
H241-huXZQY_fqt53n.jpg
WRQrZ0h1k7A_cefnpb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back