Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Popup window in NX10 Drafting Mode 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerkMc

Industrial
Apr 5, 2018
US
In NX10 while in drafting mode there is a window that pops up after a seconds delay while dimensioning. While it can be handy, it is constantly in the way and can be aggravating. Is there a way to turn this popup off or at least delay it a few more seconds?

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the reply!

While F3 does get it to go away, that is one extra click more than needed and the popup has still slowed me down.

The problem with this is that 'hidden features' are just that, HIDDEN. What would be better is an option to change the behavior of the pop-up. The out-of-the-box default should ALWAYS be for any option like this to be toggled ON. That way all users will know that the feature exists, however, if there was an option to change the default to OFF, then it would be the user who had to take an explicit action to disable the feature, but at least they would know that it existed in the first place. And if this change was introduced, then the F3 feature should behave as a temporary override of whatever the default was.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

I don't mind that it's defaulted on, it's that I can't figure out how to turn it off that's the kicker. I found a post where I think someone is asking the same thing and someone told them it could be turned off under Drafting > General/Setup > Workflow (tab) > Pause Delay for On-Screen Dialog.

But I do not see anything in my menu's titled "Pause Delay for On-Screen Dialog".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back