Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
This is just an idea, try to make an If condition. For example, if exists mom_parent_group_name, it will output mom_part_name, else return.

Maryadi

I understand what you are suggesting, but where should I define the IF/Else commands? Currently, this is what I have done within Post Builder 1) select Output --> Other Options 2) activated Generate Group Output ... resulting in the postprocessor output filename to be ... For ex: 230496SK01_Op_Seq_30_3101 .... 230496SK01_Op_Seq_30 is the name of my NX Part file ... 3101 is the name of the Program folder (group name) ... and, the naming nomenclature continues for the rest of the Program folders ... see the Attachment file = Output_filename.xlsx

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1ad4a89e-d292-42c9-a8d4-48bdd1c60d5b&file=Output_filename.xlsx
If I am not wrong, from your explanation, sounds it like you want to create the outputs in the separate output of the .nc files, right?

Here are just a suggestion if you want to try.
Just make attributes into program group and Operation( if possible). The attributes will be called by post builder and put into nc file name.

Maryadi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back