Post processing an SSD analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

BILL_mce

Aerospace
May 20, 2017
CA
Hi,
My first post to this forum so forgive me if my understanding of the protocol is amiss.
I have run an SSD analysis (harmonic in other codes). It has 4 steps:modes extraction followed by a 1g base motion excitation in X, Y, & Z. Essentially is is a rectangular flat plate with 6 beams oriented normal to the plate. The beams are placed on the long edges of the rectangle. In reality the flat plate is a very complicated and geometrically intense piece of kit but it's not terribly relavent other than the problem is much bigger than my essential description. The free ends of beams are slave nodes to a kinematic coupling connected to a master node at the centre of the plate in the plane defined by the beam end points. The base motion is driven through this couples master node. My question is that I want a 2d plot of the reaction components at the master node of the driving coupling as a function of frequency but I want the maximum regardless of the phase. It is pretty straight forward to plot the response of a given reaction at zero phase angle but it is very unlikely to bound the maximums. Further you can run a "harmonic" animation to get the computed phase response and see the phase specific magnitudes at a given frequency but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get a frequency response plot for even a given phase angle. Any thoughts or suggestion would be welcome. I fear I maybe approaching this with the wrong mindset.....Thanks.
Bill

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, I have answered my own post. In the database options under the complex tab you can select the magnitude, phase angle, real, imaginary or phase angle value. Not exactly obvious. Simulia could do with a CAE interface redo. Not to mention bring the tet meshing a bit more upto date. The SWX tet meshed works better.

I am familiar with the virtual topology tools. The tet mesh I have works but the controls available to tune the mesh are lacking or it could be my lack of understanding. The lack of a growth ratio control is what I view as the biggest short coming.

Bill McEachern, P.Eng.
Redstone Six Consulting Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back