Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post-processing using APDL snippet - issue with body named selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umat

Mechanical
Mar 1, 2019
US
Hi all,

I am trying to perform post processing for some cases that involves a lot of utilization of export feature.
An example is temperature distribution in a 3 parts assembly.
Now, I wish to export the temperature distribution in one of the bodies. I can easily achieve this through Workbench>Mechanical GUI> Right mouse click. But to make life easy for many similar cases, I have been working on an APDL script that can be used for the same.
What I have developed so far enables me to export the results of the entire assembly or surface named selections. The following is the command snippet (where I think the problem lies(?)) that I have used for the same:

CMSEL, S, NS1 ! NS1 is the named selection
NSLE

But I run into a problem, when I want to select NS1 as a part/volume. That is when I do not get an exported file with my desired data. In fact it runs into some subscript node error. In this example, that data would be nodal locations and temperature. So, basically, I would get 4 columns populated with this data. Please let me know what I am doing wrong or what else I can try.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back