Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post Processing with NX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcamsystems

Aerospace
May 13, 2004
GB
I Posted a message recently about trying to interface ICAM post processor with NX2 and as a side line I would be interested to hear peoples views on POST-BUILDER. Is it up to the job?, How easy it is to use? And also most importantly, Can it easily support some of the advance machining techniques like merging laths, mill turn machines. I’ve heard a number of people comments that to do any serious stuff, you have to be quite conversant with TCL. I would also be interested in hearing from people who use a third party post processing tool.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Currently I am using ICAM v15 and intergrating it with Unigraphics NX.
I am opening up ICAM using the command line from GRIP using a user exit (set from the ugiienv.dat file during startup)

I have customized the kit file in ICAM to our specs. along with modifying the user defined events and the cls. This was to eliminate the human error associated with individuals editing the cls manually ( a major no no )

This is to accomadate our numerous axes on some of our complex machines ( X,Y,Z,A,B,N1,W1,W2,U along with numerous custom head attachments )

In order to get everything working together you are going to have to be a jack of all trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back