Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Post Tensioned CMU floor or roof system??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyman56

Structural
Oct 14, 2005
US
Has anyone ever heard of "RAPIDEX" or "RAPIDECK" or even "DOX PLANK"?? We have a project that is experiencing some sagging in the floor system. It sounds like this floor is a concrete block system that has steel rods running through it for tension. It was probably built in the 50's and 60's here in Indiana. Does anyone have experience with this?? Does anyone have old design manuals or installation guides or any information about this type of system?

I have not been to the site yet, but I want to do some research before meeting the client. Thank you for your time!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have done several remodels with this product. A company that I used to be with had a Dox plank manual, but I don't have one anymore.

Do a search on dox plank on this site and you will get a bunch of hits.

Basically its a pan and joist concrete floor system with rebar (typically 40 ksi bar) in tension areas and clay tile cast in to reduce wieght instead of using removable forms. The clay tile was typically designed to take some of the shear stresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back