Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powder dosing into a pressurized vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SR2211

Chemical
Apr 5, 2017
US
Hello,

We feed powder into a vessel (vessel pressure slightly atm) through a funnel with a long pipe (7m length) and at times
due to the slight over pressure of the vessel, the powder is not strong enough to flow and is thrown out.
What are the possible solutions to depressurize this pressure before feeding into the vessel or to avoid such scenarios.
A pneumatic conveying system would be ideal but we dont want to go for a high end solution.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I also thought we were discussing the internal vessel environment (I didn't think these ratings could apply to areas outside of equipment!) You should ask for clarification on this matter from the site EHS group, if for no other reason than to be properly informed what hazards you are exposed to (which is your right if you are in the USA). Something is, in fact, fishy.

Hello all,
The vessel is Zone 0 (under the circumstances when the lines are completely filled with the chemical substances), but in the process which i mentioned above, happens only, when the vessel is empty and the lines are drained completely. So it is Zone 0 during normal operation, where we dont expose any lines to atmosphere or Oxygen opening a valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back