Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Actuated Louvers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrujillo45

Mechanical
Jan 15, 2009
US
Hello There-

I am working on a project in a relatively cold climate which I am attempting to find a solution for power actuated louvers to control the makeup air required for my commercial dryers. I have 2 commercial dryers, which require a min. 195 sq. in louver (per dryer). These dryers are located along an exterior wall within an individual room enclosure. I cannot obtain makeup air from the surrounding room, therefore makeup air must be obtained from the exterior. Since this is a colder climate (Reno, NV), I am looking for a solution in which I can interlock my makeup air louver to the dryer.

My first thought was to utilize some type of current sensor that opens the louver when electrical current is sensed.

Has anyone ever done anything like this before? Any product recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is no shortage of damper motor manufacturers. Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Belimo are just a few that I can name off the top of my head.

All will have an option for a limit switch at the full-open position. Don't let a drier turn on if the limit switch isn't made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back