Power distribution simulation software. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul99

Electrical
Mar 27, 2003
ZA
Hi,
Can anybody recommend a software package to assist in the design of distribution/transmission networks. I am familiar with PSS/E but I am looking for something less extensive (and cheaper too.)

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've lived with PSSE (and PSSU) and can sympathize with the user unfriendliness of those products.
We have switched over to CYME,(CYMDIST and CYMTCC), and have had a lot of success with it. The company is especially responsive to questions and will help work out problems. We looked at several packages before deciding on CYME. We chose CYME mostly because their package was oriented more toward the utility end instead of the industrial end and because of the good comments we recieved from users.
It's slightly cheaper than PSSE, but not by much.

We use PSS/E extensively and we don't have any problems with it. We have recently tested Power World and it's superb. It has all the capabilities of PSS/E and much better graphics. The cost is about $7,000 for a single license. Michael Sidiropoulos

Paul99

Please just see, what for, you want to use your(new) software for.

Is it(s/w) basically for the simulation of a system where even a feel for the flow of power/current is shown on an interactive graphic diagram and then associated (simple)analyses? There are packages with the basic thrust as 'simulators'. Can be very well used for training, demo, understanding of the system: as a simulator. Say Eg Powerworld. These s/w have some other useful computing features as well..but normally are not having modules like 'stability'.

Is it for a thorough analysis of systems for you to produce outputs of computations(where it is more 'analyser' than 'simulator')? There are many examples, as already cited in earlier postings.

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back