Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Power Quality Software for Light Flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo121

Electrical
Dec 31, 2014
US
Hi, what's the best power quality software for analyzing voltage variations from a resistive arc welder that cause light flicker on a radial system. So far, I've found Neplan flicker analysis software. Does anyone know of something better; has anyone used the Neplan flicker module, and is it effective?​

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Yo121
Neplan is just software, no hardware, correct? If so, what are you planning to use for data acquisition hardware?
Historically, I have always used Dranetz power quality hardware. It's been a few years since I have had to deal with Dranetz, but you might want to check them out. I'm sure they will have the usual analysis software as well.
Most industrial plants now have access to tons of data, including power quality data, from modern digital power meters. Most of these manufacturers also will flog all sorts of data logging and analysis software as well.

Regards

Hey, everyone, thanks for contributing. I believe I got the problem solved by using ETAP v. 12.5. Neplan is Swiss-made software that has many capabilities...probably overkill in many cases I've seen...however, I got the job done with ETAP. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back