Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Power Simulation Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1mr0d

Industrial
Mar 28, 2006
NL
Hi,

I am currently using EWB Multisim and MATLAB SimPowerSystems for simulating an generator excitation system, and I'm not satisfied with both.

Multisim doesn't have the necessary models, like three phase (dela-zigzag) transformers. It also produces inexplicable errors when i try to build one from simple xformer models. It also lacks synchronous generators etc.

SimPowerSystems includes synchronous machine models, and is great for modeling, but is more suited for distribution networks.

I am looking for simulation software which combines both pieces of software, which i hope someone can recommend.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Check with the folks at ETAP (Electrical Transient Analyzer Program?). Outstanding program priced in modules (buy what you need) backed by an outstanding staff (150 on staff, 50 are PhDs, I believe).

We have procured the software and had them develop a special GIS (geographic information systems) module so results can be displayed on a geographic map. Outstanding company:

Operation Technology, Inc.
23692 Birtcher Drive
Lake Forest, CA 92630

Check em out at:

Hi,
Multisim from EWB is the software for Spice simulation & mainly for electronics circuit simulation. You can get the trnasformers & generator model in PSIM software from Powersimtech & also you can make use of electronics circuits. Besides this, PTW32 software from SKM system analysis Inc, USA is most popular software which provides great flexibility. If you are looking for utility system then you can also go for CYME software which is most reputed for power system simulation,

regards

Tushar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back