Power System Software - MS Access Database to Graphical

Status
Not open for further replies.

indy1687

Aerospace
Mar 10, 2005
IE
Hi,

I have a couple of MS Access databases comprising of the locations poles, switches and equipment of some MV network. I want to use software to take the information in the database and analise the network graphically (maybe super impose the network on some maps using ArcGIS) Can you recommend any open source software to achieve this task?

Thanks,

Indy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I basically want to carry out analysis on the current rating of the lines (some of the network is mixed conductor), voltage drop on the network and what is best method for a generator connection.

There is nothing I am aware of that will do this automagically. ATP can do the analysis, but you will need to convert your data into something the program can understand.

By saying that you have the "locations poles, switches and equipment of some MV network", are you saying that you have the GPS coordinates in a table format?

If so, you can add the data directly within ArcGIS by clicking on FILE > Add Data > Add XY Data. From there it will walk you through a wizard where you can browse to the database file and point out the X and Y coordinate fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back