Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Power Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

UWOKev

Electrical
Jun 25, 2001
CA
Hello, I am a 4th year electrical engineering student specializing in power and control systems. In my 4th year I have to complete a project similar to a thesis. Since I'm new to this field I don't really have any idea of any problems facing the field that could be solved. If anyone has some ideas please share them. Thanks alot everyone !!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Friend,

Start by deciding what specific area in power or control system you want to pursue.
Then you can web surf through the research profiles of various universities and agencies on your area of interest.
The idea must really be conceive by you!
Also, try to be observant in the existing power and control systems so you can improve or innovate the existing one.
That's all i can suggest. thanks and goodluck.

Suggestions:
1. Check with a graduate student advisor at your school or some other school where you might potentially earn higher degrees.
2. If 1. is not possible, then select the area that you feel most comfortable with, perhaps you may have better grades in that area, and check various publications/periodicals which include hints what is remaining to be researched or done.
3. You may also prepare an original project (the originality is hard and time-consuming to establish) and try to justify/sell it. This is what you may be facing in the industry very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back