Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pratt & Whitney R-2800 engine: request for information

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesselguy

Petroleum
Feb 25, 2002
CA
Hello,

I am taking a chance to ask this question here. I build scale model airplanes as a hobby when I don't work as a static equipment engineer. I am scratch building the open engine bay of a B-26 Maurader right now. I have not been able to find photos or details on certain aspects and I hope someone here can help me.

I would like to know how is the carburator connected to the 2 air scoops in front of the cowl. Any photos or sketch?

How is the engine connected to the lube oil tank and the lube oil cooler located under the engine mount? Photos or a sketch would be so great.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I recommend getting on some of the air museum websites, especially the nonprofits. Several have library staff with access to a wide range of T.O.s and other technical guides, including those for aircraft not owned or operated by the museums themselves. Just do a web search for air museum and you'll get plenty of hits. Some have capability of direct e-mail to their library staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back