Pre-defined Fields Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

abaqus1234

Bioengineer
Oct 4, 2021
CA
Hi,
I'm running an explicit analysis where I am importing a pre-defined field (initial state) from another Abaqus model that I ran earlier. I keep getting an error in Abaqus packaging. However, I tried to map the initial field from another file and it seemed to run successfully, so I think there's something wrong with the results file of the model that I am trying to import from rather than the second simulation that I am running.

This is the only error that I am getting:

***ERROR: Abaqus/Explicit has encountered an internal error during the
***ERROR: analysis. Please report the issue to local office.

I have already searched the error and tried the 1 proposed solution that I found online ( and this did not resolve my issue.

Is there a way for me to check my RES file to see if there's something specifically wrong with that file?
The only thing that I can see is that the files that I am successfully able to import pre-defined fields from were run on my local computer vs the files that I can't seem to import from were run on an external server called Compute Canada.

Any insights would be helpful!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are there no other (more specific) error or warning messages in the log files ?

Which Abaqus version are you using ? The requirement for import is that the same release of Abaqus must be run on machines that are binary compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back