Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pre etching sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

curley1971

Computer
Dec 15, 2006
IE
Is there any sensors that will detect pre-sputtered wafers before they enter into a oxide etch chamber? (for the purpose of damage limitation to the etch process kit)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My apologies, the information I am looking for is a sensor capable of detecting approx a 1000 angstrom layer of metal on a silicon wafer (and not detect a bare silicon wafer)as it enters the toolset before it enters an etching chamber, and etches the metal off the wafer which in turn destroys the chamber kit.
I'm not sure if I can make it any clearer than this, but in general a sensor that will detect a very small layer of metal and will be oblivious to silicon??

A metal thickness film monitor is good if everyone adheres to it, because this isn't possible unless a Nazi regime is in control, I would prefere a sensor that I can integrate into my machine that would stop progress of any metal dep'd wafers?

I've worked in a fab, so I find your comment simply unbelieveable. Unless ALL the process is followed rigorously, you get a huge pile of expensive sand.

If the operators are that unreliable, the production line is doomed and there will no longer be a viable customer to sell to.

In any case, if you want to add the cost and complexity, then you shuold integrated the film thickness monitor into your machine's processing.

TTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back