Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Predecessor Task does not update

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcan1

Computer
Oct 25, 2005
US
I have two projects where I need to link from one to update another project. I have used the predecessor to add the item from one project to the other. The problem is it does not update from the project "working" project to the "management" project. So my delima is how can I link a task and update it from the the link project and have it update the project it is linked to??????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if P1 and P2 are two project names keep both the projects open. go to gantt chart view amd split and have predecessor and succesor in the bottom pane. go to ID (bottom pane) in P1. if task 5 in P1 is successor to task 3 (or any other task no)of P2 then write in ID P2\3 - click OK you will find task 3 will come in light shade before task 5 of P1 as predecessor. i hope this makes the matter clear.

You can open a Gantt Chart view, add the 'Unique Reference Number' and 'Dependencies' columns. The unique ref. number is a unique id which belongs to a unique task, the dependencies column will contain the unique ref number of the task you want to create a link with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back