Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Prefire Planning Software Review/Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCREP

Specifier/Regulator
Feb 14, 2004
US
I am interested in what software you are using for prefire planning. If anyone is in the Philadelphia region would love to chat and see how you have put the prefire plan into service. We have been doing very simple drawings using google maps for the image. We what to take it to the next level based on NFPA 1620. Do not want to recreate the wheel if someone has been down this road, we are a volunteer department with rural, busy downtown, industry, university and many apartment complexes.

Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Travis,

Thanks for the link very helpful. The software I am describing is taking the information i.e. cad drawings, water flow data, site layout etc for access by the fire apparatus on the way to the fire and chief officers to use the data during a fire emergency. Several are on the market trying to get real world hands on with the various products from users.

Here is a popular software I am looking at.

We use a system similar to Tempe but our personnel gather the data and enter it into our system. We don't include cad drawings or water supply reports. This information is only going to be used once companies arrive on scene and initiate operations. And typically it's up to the command officers to access this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back