Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pressure distribution to nodal loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

shearlag

Apr 13, 2007
IN
Dear all,

conversion of Pressure distribution to FE nodal loads is a huge work and to do it manually is time consuming ,if it involves lot number of load cases. Is there any program available to convert pressure distribution to FE nodal loads.Kindly can anyone refer. Thank you in advance.

shearlag

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i think the key is relating your CFD results to your FEA mesh. i'd've thought (quite possibly wrongly) that CFD had discretisation included.

at least once the FEA mesh is created and set, then it isn't That hard to allocate pressure to the nodes ... do one case then all the rest should be copies, no? ... load on a line of nodes is the pressure summed over a set area ... project the FEA mesh onto the pressure surface.

guess it depends on how the CFD exports it's results.

but then i'd've thought (again) that most pre-processors could discretise a pressure distribution ...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

yes rb..thanks, Its basically how we map CFD results to the FE mesh.Knowing Cp, dynamic pressure and elemental area, load can be calculated at the cg of the element. But as you say, one case has to be done and rest is easy.

you can map to the element CG (apply a constant pressure over each element,

or you can map to each node, and apply a nodal load (instead of an element pressure)

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back