Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure drop software

Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1

Chemical
Mar 19, 2004
US
Can anyone recommend some good software to accurately calculate pressure drop for steam over pipelines? I don't mind spending for it, but it must be able to take into account some pretty complex geometry.

The major packages like Aspen have thousands of fluids that I don't need.

thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use a package called flowmaster. I dont use steam myself - but i know they got an add-inn for this. Its however 1D so if you by complex geometries think of something that should be modelled by CFD then its not the right thing.

Best regards

Morten

if your entire system can be modelled with less than 15 nodes (a node being understood as a junction of three branches, a exit or inlet of your system or the extremities of a control valve), then you can use the freeware version of our software FNESS. You can download it from (the very first page)

Properties of water/steam are all included.

Each branch can contain as many different elements as you probably might require (straight tubes, bends, valves, other localized singularities)

If you need a version a little bit larger, just let me know and I'll see if I can provide it for you

fvincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back