Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Pressure Test For Chilled Water System 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elghaish

Mechanical
Nov 25, 2015
US
Hi i am working as HVAC engineer i want to now what the Value of Operation Pressure for Chilled water system and Recommended Pressure Test for chilled water pipe System

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

no offense, but i am wondering how could you be employed as a hvac engineer without knowing so basic questions?!

in you title test pressure is mentioned, but here you are talking about operating pressure. which one concerns you.

Operating pressure needs to be above 1 barg at any point in the system to prevent vapour pockets and pumping issues. What its value is is dependant on height differences in the system and whatever pressure you pressurise the closed loop to. Commonly around 3-4barg, but could be a max of 25-30 if you have units at a high level or a long way away. See the design data.

Test pressure is usually 1.5 times the design pressure or max operating.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Thanks mr LittleInch for your Reply I Have Design Pressure 15 bar , the Test Pressure will be 22.5 bar but it will not Effect on valves and Flange Because All Valves and Flange PN 16
Operation Pressure as your Reply 3-4 bar in close Loop it mean the test Pressure if 2 times from this Pressure it safe

Drazen i was ask For test pressure & operating pressure Because i know Test Pressure will be depend on the Operation pressure

15 bar is not working pressure for chilled water loop for sure (meaning i could bet) and very few usual equipment pieces will sustain 22 bar testing pressure. these are not hvac pressures.

10 bar can be working pressure for water supply or fire extinguishing systems, and than 15 bar can be testing pressure, but not for circulating systems.

can you give us some example of equipment - fan coils, heat exchangers or similar attached to your chilled water loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back