Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure Test Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugal

Nuclear
Oct 16, 2002
CA
Hi Folks,
I was looking for 2 procedures and record forms I could use in the field with trades and Quality Control staff on how to set up and perform a hydrostatic code pressure test and a pnuematic code pressure test. There are the tests as described in the codes but I am looking for procedures that puts these out in layman terms for field staff.
Does anyone know of a website that contains such type of procedures and record forms ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Dugal,

May i know in which code you want the pressure test procedure? or you want a step by step instruction that the fieldmen can understand while performing pressure test

Hi askmani,
Thanks for the input. I was referring to the non-nuclear pressure vessel code used at our generating stations on steam generation and condensate lines, etc. I know there are specific codes but was looking for as you said a step by step field procedure.
Thanks dugal

Hi Dugal,
I don't Know if this will help or if will Comply with your code or your App.
Hydrostatic Test (New Boilers Or Boilers with Parts Repaird or Replaced)
If is on a Boiler:
1- Remove any safety valve and Blank off or use a test Clamp to gag them Close (On the Divece you are testing).

2- Make sure all the valve are close but the vent valve.

3- Fill the boiler with clean water no less then 70 deg. As the boiler is filling up check for leaks.

4- When filled close the vent valve and Gradually apply the test pressure 1.5 times of the MAWP.(Keep it under control)

That is just a basic Procedure. I'm not an expert but i hope thid help in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back