pressure thrust load with using Caeser II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechengineer

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2001
SG
Dear Caeser II experts,
Q1 Does the nozzle loads analyzed by Caeser II consider the pressure thrust or not?
Q2 Does it require to consider the pressure thrust load and add the pressure thrust into the nozzle loads obtained by Caeser II?
Regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

If you're talking about WRC 107/297, you can check the "Include Pressure Thrust" item in the Loads tab in the WRC interface.

pressure_thrust_bkotib.png

As to whether or not you should consider this, there are several threads about this topic, some of which are:

[ul]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/ul]

I'm not sure if it's required per ASME rules, but there's no doubt that pressure thrust exists.

Regards

@Nicolas B,
I am not talking about WRC107/297, which is for loacl stresses analysis at the joint of nozzle to vessel shell. WRC107/297 does not consider the internal pressure, so there is a simple way to instead of the internal pressure load by using WRC368 (presure thrust). The question is whether the actual nozzle loads provided by Caesar II include the pressure thrust load if the internal pressure as the load input of Caesar II.
I think that it does the pressure thrust automatically in Caesar II when pressure is put in as a load input.
Regards,

If you are modelling a piping connection to a vessel by modelling the vessel and a flexible nozzle or even modelling the nozzle connection to the vessel as an anchor, my understanding is that only the piping forces and moments provided on the connection are given by caesar but does not inlcude load due to internal pressure in piping or vessel. You can check by setting up an example problem with very flexible piping with high internal pressure and see if there is any resulting normal force out of the nozzle corresponding to the pressure you input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back