Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure transmitter calibration check

Status
Not open for further replies.

123sen

Petroleum
Jun 8, 2007
KR
Dear friends,

I need some data regarding calibration of pressure transmitters. My pressure transmitter range is 0 to 0.2 bar absolute. I calibrated with my field HART communicator as per the range. Now i checked my PT out put by inducing the mA form 4 to 24. But 4 mA input not shows 0 bar, and with in 20 mA it shows 0.2 bar a. I compare with absolute pressure Gage when i was checked even though i can't corrected.

Actually the PT is locating in 25m above the ground level and moisture is around 60%. If there is any standard procedure, formula or constant pls help me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suggest you check the procedure. If you are asking for 4 ma at zero psiA, you may need to connect the unit to an absolute pressure source (Hard Vacuum) to zero it. Since you have not specified the manufacturer and model number of the transmitter it is hard to know.

Probably best way is to contact the service department of the company who manufactured the transmitter. Or at least pull a manual off their website and follow the procedure carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back