Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressure Vessel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jproj

Chemical
Oct 9, 2001
US
My company is thinking about purchasing pressure vessel design software. Could anyone with experience please recommend a quality program with the following capabilities:

1) Pressure vessel design (head / shell thickness etc...)
2) Wind / Seismic design
3) Leg / Lug design (vertical vessels)
4) Saddle design (horizontal vessels)

The "Advanced Pressure Vessel" program from Computer Engineering has been recommended.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jproj,

In my experience, I have seen APV, PV Elite and Compress, in the above three software, the best software is Compress to fulfill your requirements.

Compress software is available in two versions that are Dos & Window version, and there is a lot of future available in the window version.

You can visualize the object and you can find out the fouling or classing among the pressure vessel parts and accessories, and you can relocate to avoid the fouling in the initial design stage itself.

you can find more details regarding this software in the website :
Good luck
Babu
PV Engineer
Singapore

jproj:

I agree with babumathan. I have worked with both Compress and APV and Compress is by far the more user friendly program.

Compress will analyze and help you to design saddles, support lugs, and skirts. It produces some excellent report calculations that are easy to follow and understand.

APV is not a bad program, it just has some idosyncracies that make it user unfriendly. I also found that Compress support was much more ready and able to answer my questions than the APV support staff.

I would definetly check out Compress at and see for yourself how it compares to APV.

Scott

Ditto on the above comments. APV is ok, but the user interface is clumsy. I think Compress has a better user interface.

I have used Compress and it is a great program. It will do everything you need it to do.

I have experience with PVElite, Compress, Disasu, Express-m, CodeCalc etc.
I found Compress the best. PVElite also works well.

Chio,

Hi babumathan (Mechanical),ksuengrng (Mechanical), meca (Structural), SSPT (Mechanical), abdulrs (Mechanical):

Have you completed the Codeware training classes & did you get your CEU credit.

Leonard@thill.biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back