Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Price for Add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMIS

Mechanical
Aug 31, 2000
US
We currently run somehwere around a dozen seats of SWPro.
I think I could optimize our operation better if I could know the ballpark prices of the different versions and add-in packages and possible ways of combining them.

Is there an easier way to work out an options package, trying to figure out return on investment without spending a chunk of time with a VAR salesperson? A simple MSRP price list and the acceptable combination options would help.

I hate to spend time working it all out and getting quotes if simply knowing a few prices would let me know if I'm wasting my time because there is no way my boss would approve the bottom line figure.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I guess that is the hard part. I really only need estimates (±10%?)so that I will no how hard to work on convincing management. If the numbers were obviously too high I wouldn't have to waste the VAR's time or mine. We are now trying to get procedures off the ground for manufacturing to models rather than drawings but the only way I've seen for tracking approvals so far is with Enterprise PDM. I'd also like the functionality of premium for a seat or two and possibly DriveWorks Solo. There might be other goodies I'd like to add too but it feels like walking into a car lot and going through the test drives and sales pitches having no guess at what the selling prices are. I guess I'll just have to do the drill. Thanks,

That is what the VAR is for. They are much better suited to put together a package tailored to meet your needs than we are. We can share our experiences and opinions, but the VAR has a vested interest in helping you get what you need to really do your job. They (most of them) are even pretty good at helping to justify the system. Most of them know not to propose the ultimate package for every seat when you have neither the financial nor human resources to utilize it. The value they bring is to help you be successful in your implementation of SolidWorks. Talk to your VAR.

- - -Updraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back