Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prima optimo ,self teach programming, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammie

Industrial
Sep 30, 2003
GB
hi
I have just built an old prima 5-axis with optimo controls.primarily it is to be used with the handbox programming as offline is out of the question at the mo.I would like to hear from anyone with any advice on any problems I may be encountering,or faults common to this type of m/c. Its early days yet & things seem to be going well. Also does anybody know a good source for literature relating to the self teach, part programming as the relavent chapters are missing out of my prima manual.
Cheers , jamie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I spent five years of my life with those systems, as demo man, instructor, etc....!
Prima may be ablle to sell you original type manuals.
Amada didn't like those manuals and created revised ones for Amada's customers.
Unfortunately, Amada dumped all the Optimo docs some years ago. I may have personal copies yet of the manuals that we (I!) created for teach-programming the beast...

I assume you have the old CRG 306 RoboPrima control, with the heavy rectangular metal handbox?

Jay
jmaechtlen@yahoo.com

Jay Maechtlen

Hi Jay ,thanks for the reply , yes it is the old crg. The handbox is a bit heavy. Since myfirst post i have managed to program its first production work which wasnt too bad. It would be useful to have some more info on the program as i am sure there are many features that i am unaware of that may greatly enhance its performance although i am very impressed at the moment with how it cuts.You may have used this prima example as the history I am told is that it was the first 5-axis m/c of this type in the UK in 1986 .It underwent an upgrade in 96 & was fitted with a RSM2000 Rofin laser.
Unfortunatley a fault developed today with a cathode so it looks like i will be stripping it down tomorrow & giving the glasswork a good service.
Back to the point !!! I have recently heard that the original prima manual wasnt up to much anyway & would presume that your version is greatly improved . If its ok ,could you advise me of how to get a copy .

Thanks , Jamie

Jammie-
I lost your message, but I did find some docs on programming and operation. Shoot me another email, and we'll go from there.
jay

Jay Maechtlen

Hi jay
Yes that would be very helpful , you can e-mail me directly if you wish . We are getting on ok with our m/c at the mo but & muddling through by trial & error but some of our jobs are now requiring changes to the acceleration rates of the m/c & i havnt figured out how to change it yet!!!!

Thanks Jamie (jamcooperuk@aol.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back