Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

print in 1 minute 10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2b

Mechanical
Jan 8, 2007
GB
use wildfire 3 to print to the plotter- no problem.
convert to pdf & print to the HP1280 no problem.
normal print to the HP1280 & wait 1 minute 10 seconds.
any ideas on how to reduce this wait?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wow, a 70 second print is a dream for me. LOL However, if you still need to bring the time down, for UNIX there is a config option that greatly reduces print times. In the config file put in "interface_quality 0" This will turn off the complex line check that Pro-E performs for prints.
Usually, when processing a print, if two lines are on top of each other, pro-e will only print one line. This config option will cause pro-e to print both lines. It reduces time a ton because it is quicker for the printer to double print lines than for pro-e to determine that only one is needed. I'm not sure how this config option works with PC's, but I'm sure it is similar. For my prints when I apply this option it brings printing time down to 25 ins from 45 mins so it is significant. (P.S. that is with a Blade by the way, LOL, I'm working on the assembly from hell.)

THANKS- I'LL TRY THIS.
WHAT I SHOULD OF MENTIONED IS THAT DURING THE 1 MIN 10 SEC THE PROGRAM IS UNRESPONSIVE- ONLY THE PRINT COFIGURATION WINDOW IS SHOWN.

Do you have a large drawing - in other words lots of views and a large drawing format and lots of text. Another thing to check is your CPU output. Do a CONROL+ALT+DELETE and your task manager will appear. Look at the graph on the right. That is your CPU usage, the graph on right is the amount of memory you are currently using. IF the CPU continues to read 100% after you have got your print / plot. That is a sign that a bogust program is consuming your CPU. IF your ram is less that a 1g can be a problem.
Hope this helps Texaspete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back