Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Print to pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

TASCT

Mechanical
Dec 3, 2008
US
I've got about 100 documents I need to print to pdf, and was wondering if there's a way to automate the process in WF3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think Pro/Batch is still available in WF3. You could set up Pro/Batch to generate postscript files and then dump those files to Acrobat Distiller's watched folder which will then generate the PDF's

See the following link and then read the sections on Configuring Pro/Engineer and Configuring Pro/Batch, and Running Pro/Batch

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

thanks for the help, I found that site by browsing some older posts of similar content, but wasn't able to follow completely, so I just did it the brute force way, since trying to automate was going taking longer.

Yea, that was written back in Pro/E 2001. I didn't really update it for WF3 but thought it should work. My understanding is that Pro/Batch is still in Pro/E. It's a pretty powerful utility but the documentation is non-existent. It takes a bit of knowledge of Pro/E administration to really make sense of it all.

--
Fighter Pilot
Manufacturing Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back