Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a draft on 2 pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno678

Aerospace
Jun 23, 2010
US
How can I do this, how can I print my drawing on 2 pages. Not 2 separate pages, but make the drawing fit on 2 pages together. Or that size of a page.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds to me like you have an B-Size SE drawing and want to print it out on two A-Size pieces of paper that you can tape together to make a full-size drawing.

If that's the case, read on, otherwise ignore.

On your Solid Edge draft, change keep your B-Size templates and drawings views as is. In the drawing sheet setup, change the page size to A.
Move your entire drawing (border, views, dimensions, notes, etc.) to the lower left corner is aligned with the lower left corner of the page.
Print 1:1.
Move your entire drawing to the lower right corner.
Print 1:1.

The first print job will truncate the right side of the your drawing and the second print job will truncate the left side. Put them together, and you get a full drawing will little to no overlap. Of course you still have to deal with page margins unless you have a (photo) printer that can print to the edge of a page.

--Scott

Basically, I want to print out my draft on two pieces of paper. It will be bigger though. Half of it will be on one sheet and another will be on the other sheet, exactly what sertel is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back