Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvette63

Civil/Environmental
Sep 28, 2004
US
I am using CAD 2005. I am using a plot file where each color has a specific lineweight and screening. Is it possible to print the colors so I can see how dark the colors print and the lineweight. Once I have a reference I plan on using it to select the color for various objects in my drawing. Any help would be appreciated. I print in black and white.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You might try the SAMPLE folder under your AutoCAD install. It usually has some drawings with color wheels and such.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Corvette63. Here is the steps I had to go through on my acad to get color. Type "plot". Click on "plot style (pen assignments)". That opens a "plot style table editor", choose a color under "Plot Style" (say red). Under "Properties" were it says "color" (it should show black and say black), choose what color you would like that color to print out as. It is possible to make red print out as green if that is what I would like it to do. Do a "save as", then "save and close", and then print a test page.

This worked for me so, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back