Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Printing drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadman98

Mechanical
Oct 25, 2001
US
How do you print individual drawings to different printers?
Example: Sheets 1, 5, & 7 are "D" size drawings you wish to send to the plotter. Sheets 2 - 4 are "A" size you wish to send to a laser printer, and sheets 6, 8 & 9 are "B" size you wish to send to the same laser printer only print out on 11 x 17 paper.
Is there an easier way to do this than one at a time?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The only way to do this would be through a custom program, VBA app or similar.

On a side note, although I can't think of any standard that forces the issue, most do imply that you should only have 1 drawing sheet size per drawing number; not a mix of sizes. Is there a specific reason you had to use different sheet sizes for this one file?

It may be time to redefine your company standards and avoid this inconvenience all together.

I have different sheet sizes based upon the size of part I am creating. I try to keep an assembly's drawings together. Hence, some parts are small, & some are large. So, I try to put them on appropriate sheet size for tool room. I guess I could group sheet sizes together so it wouldn't take so much work.

Like swertel said, this could be achieved using custom programming. I hope you don't mind if I take the chance for a shameless promoting one of my tools, PAC4SWX ;)

In fact, it will do what you are asking for, not only for the active SolidWorks drawing, but also for a bunch of drawings (read: batch printing). Please take a look at it and have a free 30 day test drive. Infos and download at
Bye,
Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back