Printing MathCAD sheets to PDF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuG89

Structural
Aug 10, 2014
IN
Hello,
The images on my MathCAD sheet get blurred when I convert it to a pdf document using the print option. Software used is PDFCreator 2.0. Is there a way to improve the quality?
Regards,
Su

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use Doropdf for nearly all my printing... It's free and installs like a printer driver. Instead of printing to my HP or Samsung printer, I select Doropdf as my printer and it prints out a *.pdf file... it's pretty slick.

Dik

I just tried Doropdf and the images look better compared to PDF Creater :)
Are there some settings in Doropdf which can further improve the image quality? I tried increasing the dpi from 600 to 1200 but that didn't help.
Regards,
Su

SuG89:
Not that I'm aware of... I use it as my default printer and have never had an issue with clarity. If I need a hard copy... usually a *.pdf is adequate. Have used the printer for 5 or 10 years with nary a glitch. Shows up in my list of printers... and is set to default. The ability to over write or to append is extremely useful.
Dik

Don't know about PDFCreator, but Acrobat has a bunch of options available for PDF quality. Since the OP didn't provide the original Mathcad file, I cut out the Snippet example, pasted that into Mathcad, and printed with all compression turned off. The results are essentially like the Snippet example. BUT, the file size can be substantially larger than the compression artifacted one.

pdf_hxm4da.gif

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

@dik,@IRstuff:
Thanks again for your responses. Apologies for not uploading the original MathCAD file. I'll be violating the company policy if I do that and don't want to take any chances.

@IRstuff:
"I cut out the Snippet example, pasted that into Mathcad, and printed with all compression turned off."
Could you please share what settings did you change to turn the compression off?

Regards,
Su

I can't remember exactly what I did, but this should work
> Print to Adobe PDF
> Click the Properties box for Adobe PDF when it shows up:

properties_rro3xl.gif

> Edit the Default Settings and click on Images:

images_cdkiaq.gif

> Turn off all the compression and save the settings as desired:

no_comp_sfp92q.gif

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back