Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/E 2000i2 Smart Buttons 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikito

Mechanical
Oct 13, 2000
US
We develop smart buttons on the Pro/E window, attached to mapkeys, to assist in our work. A couple of these buttons create "start parts" automatically by creating new parts/assemblies with parameters, layers and views already defined in a consistent style.

This information is captured in the config.pro file and config.win file. It worked well for Rev 20 and 2000i, but doesn't work well for 2000i2. Any other people have problems line this? [sig]<p>Mike Pinch<br>[/sig]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think PTC tried to do this for us. If you notice that when you create a new part in 2000i2 it already has datums and layers. Although there is a 100% chance that these are not the layers you are used to using, they are provided. I found this frustrating also.

I have not tried to, again, automate the creation of layers, etc. in 2000i2, but I know it was quite simple in 20 and 2000i. Obviously you did it previously, so know how. Something in the process has probably changed. Have you contacted technical support regarding this issue or searched the Knowledge Base on the website?

I would be interested in hearing the solution to your issue.

Ron,

I found out that PTC's 2000i2 release did in fact change things somewhat as you mentioned. I've installed this version on a few of our workstations, though not mine. Apparently, there are now &quot;Object Templates&quot;, much like document templates in MS Word, which include pre-defined (as well as user-defined) attributes. Things like views, layers, parameters, etc. can be &quot;stored&quot; in what used to be a &quot;start part&quot;. I guess we will have to learn the new &quot;way&quot; and perform surgery on a hefty config.pro file. I'll keep you posted.

Mike Pinch

I am getting ready to install 2000i2 and heard they have changed the file format relating to the viewer. Has anyone experienced any problems or changes going from 2000i to 2000i2 with the new storage file formating in 2000i2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back