Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro E 2001 Training File

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinoconnor13

Automotive
Feb 7, 2003
US
I have been trying to created a training file and I would like to have text pop up while playing though the trail to explain what is going on. I have used Pro E's online help and it gives examples but for some reason I can not get it to work. If anyone has either gotten this to work of if you can help in any way PLEASE DO SO!!!

Thanks to everyone in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi kevinoconnor13,
Hope your query is related to trail file.
Whenever you open Pro/E session, there is a trail file created at back end which is recording all your activities on desktop. To re-run the earlier session, you have to edit appropriate trail.txt.* file in notepad. Delete the last few entries which are created while quiting your earlier session. Then save this file with any name with txt extension.(don't give trail.txt name, it won't work) To make your trail file in single step, you have to change the config.pro option, "set_trail_single step" to "yes". Now play the renamed txt trail file in new session. After every action Pro/E prompt you about to go ahead or to exit. To go ahead just hit the enter key and to exit from trail file play,type "Exit".
This works well if you have not saved anything in your earlier session. Try to avoid saving. For example in earlier session you have created round using the edge and saved that part file, while re-running that session pro/E will open that part with rounded edge and will try to search for edge to create round which is already been rounded and this crashes the Pro/E session.
Hope you will find this interesting. :)
Cheers Regards,
Yogesh Birari

I'm also interested in learning how those training files are created. I have worked with trail files a lot. You might be able to use the User Comment feature in Debug to have text bee displayed above the screen in the message prompt window, then you can run the trails in single step and the users should see the comments in the message line if you change the visible_message_lines config option.

Michael
[noevil]

Mjcole, Is this what the pro E online help is doing. I have used trailfiles for quite a while and I can make them almost dance, but I can not get text to pop up to explain what is going on and why we do certain features like we do. Do you have an example that works that you could possibly send me like a block part or something with a training file that has text pop up? If you could I would appreciate it.

Please send to Kevin_O'Connor@fmo.com

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back