Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

PRO/E viewer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccw

Nuclear
Apr 3, 2002
US
I need a pointer to a good free STEP (sp?) file viewer for looking at PRO/E models and picking off vector distances. Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Free Pro/E viewers for download (faq554-1173)

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

The edrawing viewer(s) that were recommended do not accomplish what I asked for in the initial post. It does not recognize .prt, .asm. and/or .stp files.

I wanted a pointer to free software that would allow me view Pro-E files and pick-off vector (length, direction) data.

If you make a Pro/E part (or assembly) from the STEP file you can certainly view it from ProductView Express or edrawings. You asked for a viewer for Pro/E files. STEP is a neutral format.

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

No, I asked for a STEP file viewer with dimensional interogation capability.

I finally found exactly what I need. It is called MYRIAD.
It has a fully functional 15 day free trial download.
It makes edrawing look sick. It has .jpg, .ppt, etc. output. It does recognize the .stp format. One can access it at:

I think the MSRP is $595. I would highly recommend it as a means of obtaining useful information from PRO/E/and or SolidWork design models without having to lease a PRO/E seat. It handles 150 file formats. It is very user friendly for 3D Cad challenged folks like myself.

Thanks anyway.

CCW,
I have found one which is free, not a trial. It is based on Granite. It can open 3d native proe and iges and step amongst others.

Joe Borg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back