Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/Intralink 3.3 refuses login

Status
Not open for further replies.

khall

Mechanical
Sep 13, 2001
US
When trying to log in to Pro/Intralink I recieve an error: "Failed to take or refresh license". I am able to ping my license server, and can launch Pro/E independently of Intralink. I have uninstalled the software, reinstalled, and also deleted my old .proi directory, and still have the error. The only way in the past to get rid of the problem was to completely reformat my hard drive and reinstall everything. Last time I performed this it only lasted 2 weeks before the problem resurfaced.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What build of 3.3 are you running? Builds prior to March 2005 release have a bad .dll link that is fixed with a patch from PTC. The error is exactly what you would get if the patch is not installed.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I am running build 2002470 which is definitely before March 2005 date. Strange thing is that this error just pops up every once in a while on random machines. I've really only had it happen on 2 of 20 machines here. Not sure how I would get the download now, dropped maintenance a couple of months ago.

I think these patches and the 2004 timeout patch are outside the login portion of PTC.com. They had to do that because of customers who dropped maintenance and would have sued PTC as these were both PTC induced bugs in the code.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Ben, thanks for the help. I was able to find, and download the patch. It is exactly the error I was getting, but didn't resolve the problem. According to PTC the patch wasn't needed for the build of Intralink that we are running. I tried installing it anyway, and Intralink wouldn't launch at all, so I switched back to the old .dll. The only other tidbit of information that I had forgotten about until now is that the problem showed up shortly after installing Quicktime/Itunes. I just wonder if something in this software has blocked my port 7788. I have uninstalled the software, but that doesn't mean that it didn't leave something floating out there in the registry. Seems odd that Pro/E seems to be able to hit the server on 7788 with no difficulty at all.

Regards,

Ken Hall - CAE Systems Admin
Thetford Corporation

Hi Ken,

Are you sure you have the same versions loaded on both the server and the workstation. If they are not Intralink will not start. There is 2 items that have to change in the time out error, have you changed both.

Tofflemire

There are 2 patches.
The first one is called the Timeout patch and it has files that must be replaced for certain versions of Intralink, 2001 and Wildfire 1. It came out in January 2004.
The second one came out in March 2005, TAN1289997, called the Refresh issue. It had a bad .dll file for Intralink only. Yes, this is only for M02* builds of 3.3.
It sounds like you have the Timeout problem.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back