Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pro/Program: Specify 'from file' Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCReynolds79

Automotive
Sep 6, 2007
GB
Hi all,

When Using pro/program to drive dimensions from an external file, i.e. a .txt file that lists the parameters and values, when you regen the model, it asks you what values to use for the parameters and you tell it where to find the .txt file...

Is there a way to put this file location into pro/program so when you regen it just automatically reads the .txt file instead of prompting you everytime for the location?

Cheers in advance!

Jon Reynolds

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Or as another approach, is it possible to invoke some sort of pop up window on regen, where all variable inputs are shown with their values and can be edited if desired or just hit ok?

Very similar to a UDF I created... I can't remember the details now, but when inserting the UDF into a new model, one of the features half way through pops up a window containing variable parameters, where you can edit the values before proceeding. Something like that every time you hit regen would be ideal.

Thanks again.

Jon

Hey there, Pro/Program only reads the file from the working directory, what I did is that I made a mapkey where I wrote every time the name of the file, so when I run this mapkey it'll tell pro/program to read that same file for every part. It works for me because I manage to create the txt file through excel, so it contains all parameters values for the whole assembly.

You can also prompt the value for a single parameter only, in the drop down list options when you click the regen buttom, search for the third option, that'll do.

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply... Have tried that route before with success but the only reason I am looking for a way of incorporating it into the program is so that it can be taken to any system and will work just on a basic regen. If it is a mapkey, then it is only going to work in the system that has the mapkey installed.

Cheers anyway!

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back