Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem about UG assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhenzhang

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2018
DE
%E6%8D%95%E8%8E%B7_yyb23u.png

the picture shows one part of a assembly of the planet gearing.
Which kind of restraint should i apply between the two models so that the planet can run surround the sun?
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Replace the reference set of those two parts in the assembly from Model to Entire Part
With the axis and planes visible you may get some good ideas on what constraints to use.
Then after you applied the constraints you can change the reference set back to Model and the constraints will be retained, even if the datum planes and axis you used become invisible.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX11

Thanks, @jerry1423
But I want to run a dynamical simulation, is there some kind like "Body to Body" restraint or something like "Gearing" restraint whick i can use? not so familiar with NX.
Best regards.

It's a big difference between NX Motion simulation and assembly constraints.
assembly constraints are used in assemblies to place things correct.
These are not used by the Motion simulation application. -different math, different solvers.
The constraints can be converted to similar joints, but I think it might be simpler to start from scratch.
There is a gear joint in the Motion simulation application.

Regards,
Tomas

Tomas is correct. Assembly Constraints, while they can be used to 'simulate' simple mechanisms, the ability to articulate a partially constrained Assembly was intended to be used to help detect freedom of motion conditions as much as anything, perhaps while designing parts for, and the relationship between the components of a mechanism, however, Assembly modeling was never intended to be used for anything more than that when it came to solving the kinematic and dynamic behavior of a mechanism. For that, NX has specialized Motion Analysis applications.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

clear, thanks all of you.
I unterstand the diffences between the Simulation and Assembly now.
I need to use ADAMS now. I thought i must apply all the neccessary constraints.
But now i know i just need to make the relative positions between the parts correct. Thats enough. when i import the model into ADAMS , all the constraints gone. I must redefine the contacts and motions usw.[morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back