Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

problem loading drawings...AECBase...????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shavner

Electrical
Oct 1, 2002
US
The whole office just switched over to ACAD 2002 and now I'm havng problems loading up drawings that have x-refs... it is not consistant (about 50/50 chance) but when it does happen it can take upwards of 2-5 min to load a drawing. The scripts I get are as follows

AECBase...
AECArchBase...
AECScheduleDataArch...
AECStructureBase...
AECArchDataBase...
AECSchedule...

This only happens on drawings with floor plan xrefs. my own drawings (with only a title block xref) have no problems...can anyone atleast explain why it slows my system to a crawl...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, I turned off the ARX in the options menu and turned off proxy graphics and the dialogue box, however now my custom commands don't work and my ACAD is bogging down on the simplest command in a new drawing with only two lines.... any other sugestions?

Shavner,

Borgunit is right. The *.dwg is made by ADT. The OE is not working? Why? Can the editor convert the ADT.dwg to ACADnude.dwg?

Lothar

ADT 2004
ACAD 2002

Forgive my ignorance but I don't quite understand what you posted... We have ACAD 2002 and I think some people are using Arch. desktop. This was also posted to our in house Cad person and she can't figure it out either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back