Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Problem plotting line numbers/BC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigoo

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2006
NL
I've tried almost everything but i can't seem te get line numbers or BC's displayed in my plot. I have turned all options in the PlotCtrl on and off a numer of times. My experience with ansys is limited, so i wonder if there is something I could have missed?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As far as viewing line numbers goes you not only need to check "lines" but you also need to set the correct option further down in the dialog box. This could include "numbers only", "colors and numbers", etc. Have you done that?

In order for BC's to be displayed you will have to have nodes selected. For instance NSLL,,1 will select the nodes of active lines. After this issue /PBC,ALL,,1 and see if that works.

-Brian

When I go to plot controls - numberbing - I select LINE, Elem/Atrib = "Material Colors", [/NUM] = "Colors & Lines" and I replot I dont get any line numers, only matrialnumbers and colors.

The other thing you suggested did not work either...:S

Line No. or area No. and ... didnot work when you select material no.In the other words when you select material no. & line no. together,ANSYS only showes the "line material no." & not the exact no. of lines.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back